Overview of Twin Oaks Baptist Church
Twin Oaks Baptist Church is a very active and growing church located in Franklin County, VA. We are associated with the Southern Baptist Convention and the Southern Baptist Conservatives of Virginia. We are theologically conservative with an open-minded approach to ministry. Our music is a mixture of Praise and Worship and Traditional. Most members have been raised in a rural setting; however, as our county population continues to grow and suburbanize, we also have visitors and members who are from other parts of the country.
We currently have a membership of over 300 with an average Sunday morning worship attendance of 250. Wednesday evenings include an active Awana program, teen ministry, and adult Bible study. We also have other activities and Bible studies throughout the week.
A more complete description of Twin Oaks may be seen at our church website: www.tobcchurch.com
Role Summary for Office Manager
Twin Oaks is seeking to fill the full-time position of Office Manager who will serve our church congregation and work with our church ministry leaders to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of our church. This is an important position that requires responsibility, approachability, self-motivation, and integrity. The Office Manager will report directly to the Senior Pastor.
Specific Areas of Responsibility
- Office management – The Office Manager will be responsible for the general office duties needed to assist our congregation.
- Technology –The Office Manager will be responsible to work with our A/V team to prepare weekly Sunday morning announcements.
- Financial duties –The Office Manager will be a member of our Finance Committee and assist the committee, our church accountant, and congregation for management of church finances. Such duties may include:
- Self-motivated and dependable
- Comfortable with clerical duties
- Comfortable with use of various forms of technology
- Able to establish and communicate an orderly plan to accomplish tasks
- Able to gather and organize necessary information and resources
Decision Making Skills
- Confident and able to make decision
- Able to set priorities
- Can see hidden problems and find solutions
- Able to work with others
- Humble, gracious, and encouraging
- Genuinely cares about people
- Good communication skills
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Able to use diplomacy and tact
- Able to receive criticism and not become defensive
- Office hours – The Office Manager will need to work Mondays through Fridays at church office. Availability to be present on Sunday morning would be a benefit.
* All those interested in this position should submit a resume at: www.TOBCchurch.com/apply