Most men do not understand the power of manhood. Satan has launched a campaign to destroy biblical manhood by depicting men as lazy slobs who often act like idiots. Satan knows that if he can distort the biblical portrait of manhood, he can weaken the church and destroy the home.
I first began to understand my role as a husband and a dad with a book Tammy gave me entitled ‘Always Daddy’s Girl’ by Norm Wright. Being ‘daddy’s girl’ is not about a little girl having her father wrapped around her finger, but rather the influence a father has upon his daughter. It has been said that much of how a woman views herself as a woman is formed by how her father treated her as a girl. Dads not only influence their daughters, they influence their sons as well. The greatest influence upon my life as a boy was my dad and second to him was my grandfather.
In preparing for this study I came across these statistics.
- There is a 1 in 50 chance of a child regularly attending church as an adult if they grow up in a home where the mother attends but the dad doesn’t. That’s only a .02% chance.
- There is a 1 in 3 chance of a child regularly attending church as an adult if they grow up in a home where the dad regularly attends church, even if the mother doesn’t attend at all. That’s a 33% chance.
A study was conducted by Princeton University concerning the impact of fatherless homes. 
- 63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes
- 70% of juveniles in state-operated institutions come from fatherless homes
- 71% of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes
- 85% of all children that exhibit behavioral disorders come from fatherless homes
- 90% of all homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes
- Children with fathers who are involved are 40% less likely to repeat a grade in school
- Children with fathers who are involved are 70% less likely to drop out of school
- Children with fathers who are involved are more likely to get A’s in school
It’s crucial that men recognize their importance both in the home and in society. The Bible says:
Proverbs 20:7 The just man walketh in his integrity: his children are blessed after him. The greatest gift a dad can give to his family is a life of biblical integrity.